Lahore19 minutes ago
After the drama on Monday, Islamabad Police and Rangers commandos once again reached his Lahore home to arrest former Prime Minister Imran Khan on Tuesday. On the other hand, Imran once again issued an appeal on social media to the supporters. Said- Your leader’s life is in danger. The party said on social media – reach Khan Sahab’s house at Zaman Park in Lahore as soon as possible.
The action of police and rangers commandos started at around 4 pm, but till now Imran is out of custody. His supporters are continuously pelting stones. There are also reports of firing.
- The Rangers deployed helicopters and drones to assist the Lahore and Islamabad police teams. Apart from Lahore, Imran supporters also took to the streets in Karachi and Rawalpindi.
- According to Geo News, Imran’s supporters have thrown petrol bombs in some areas of Lahore. After this, all the TV channels were asked to stop the live coverage of the incident.
- Imran’s sister Alima said – Police opened fire at our house. Some tear gas shells were also thrown in the lawn of the bungalow. We are having trouble breathing.
- Imran issued a video statement. Said- The police think that by arresting me they will silence the people. They may kill me, but you have to keep fighting this war.
Islamabad DIG Shahzad Bukhari has been injured. According to Geo News, DIG Islamabad was shot in the leg.
Police VS Police in Lahore
Police shut down internet in Zaman Park area. Two helicopters are monitoring from the sky. Some reports say that the police vs police case at Imran’s house is causing the delay in the arrest. Actually, Imran Khan’s party has been in government for 10 years in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) province. Now there is a caretaker government here. Despite this, KP state police is deployed under Imran’s security. She is stopping the Islamabad police and because of this the arrest is getting delayed.
Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif’s statement
Shahbaz Sharif said in an interview given to Geo News program Capital Talk – We have not registered any case against Khan. Now what will happen if you don’t follow the order of the court. Imran says that he is 72 years old, so why not arrest him peacefully.
The photo is of a PTI worker injured in police lathicharge outside Zaman Park. Imran’s party Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Andalib Abbas said – Police tore the clothes of our women workers. We are Pakistani, not Indian.
According to ‘Dawn News’, Imran’s supporters are throwing stones at the police. Apart from tear gas, water canons are also available with the police. Some policemen have been injured in stone pelting. He has been taken to the hospital.
The Police Commissioner of Islamabad said – We are only following the order of the court. If someone creates a problem in this, action will be taken. On the other hand, Imran’s party Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) said – the police and the government want to kill Khan.
Nawaz said – Imran coward, Maryam called jackal
Former Prime Minister of Pakistan Nawaz Sharif has called Imran Khan a coward and a coward. Talking to the media in London on Tuesday, Sharif said – Politicians often go to jail, what is new in this. I myself was in jail for a long time. Apart from Benazir and Asif Ali Zardari, my daughter Maryam also remained in jail. Imran is a coward, who is afraid of the police and the court. On the other hand, Nawaz’s daughter Maryam called Imran a jackal and a murderer at a rally in Kasuri, near Rawalpindi.
Lahore Police said – We have come to arrest Imran and will take him away. Those who are pelting stones. He has been given the last warning. Former Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said – Police should return. If the situation worsens, the police and the government will be responsible for it. There is a danger of falling corpses here.
Imran was to be arrested on Monday for threatening a woman judge. Later, at the last moment, he got relief from the Islamabad High Court. Now he has to be arrested in the Toshakhana case. The judge has asked him to appear before the court by March 29.
Message of Imran’s party on social media on Tuesday. In this, the supporters were immediately asked to reach Imran’s Zaman Park house.
Khan is escaping from the police under the cover of the crowd
According to the live report of ‘Geo News’, after the arrest warrant was issued on Monday, Imran’s party Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) announced to start the election campaign. A few minutes later, a rally was also planned in a hurry. Imran came out of the house in a black bullet proof vehicle and held a rally.
According to the report, Imran is trying to avoid arrest by any means. For this, they are taking support of the crowd of supporters. On the other hand, the security forces and the police are busy making a solid strategy to arrest them.
A team of police and Rangers commandos are keeping an eye on Khan’s every move. Khan’s house in ‘Zaman Park’ in Lahore has been cordoned off. It is believed that Khan will be brought to Islamabad by helicopter after his arrest.
The gifts that Imran sold included an expensive watch, a pair of cufflinks, an expensive pen, a ring and four Rolex watches.
80 cases registered so far
- A total of 80 cases have been registered against Khan so far. Khan is accused of buying cheap and selling gifts deposited in Toshakhana at a higher price. Regarding this, the Election Commission of Pakistan has declared him disqualified for 5 years. His parliament membership has also been cancelled.
- Imran supporters protested violently outside the Election Commission (EC) office against this decision, in which some people were also injured. After this incident, a warrant was issued against Khan under the Anti-Terrorism Act.
- On August 20 last year, during a rally in Islamabad, Imran openly threatened a woman judge and police officers. Meanwhile, the legal team of Imran’s party PTI had filed a bail application in the Islamabad High Court before Khan’s arrest. It got rejected on Monday.
The picture is from January 2019. In the photo, Governor Tabuk Prince Fahd bin Sultan bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud presented a gift of ‘Gold Kalashnikov’ and bullets to the then PM Imran Khan.
Imran is surviving by trying maneuvers
Imran was allegedly assaulted several months ago and since then he was getting various reliefs from the courts by putting a plaster on his leg. One is related to illegal party funding and the other to terrorism. He has to be arrested in these too.
In the Toshakhana case too, Imran’s lawyer had sought postponement of the hearing. On this the judge said – If he can appear before other courts, then what is the problem in coming here. When Imran was the Prime Minister, opposition MPs had complained against him in the Election Commission. Imran was accused of buying the gifts deposited in Toshakhana cheaply and selling them at higher prices.
what is toshakhana case
The ruling Pakistani Democratic Movement had taken up the Toshakhana gift matter with the Election Commission. It was said that Imran had sold gifts received from different countries during his tenure. Imran had told the Election Commission that he had bought all these gifts from Toshakhana for Rs 2.15 crore, on selling he got Rs 5.8 crore. Later it was revealed that this amount was more than 20 crores.
The picture is of Imran’s wife Bushra Bibi. Bushra is alleged to have got transfer-posting and brokerage of contracts done through friend Farah Gogi and earned crores of rupees from it.
how was it revealed
About two years ago, a Pakistani man named Abrar Khalid filed an application in the Information Commission. Said- Imran should be informed about the gifts received from other countries. Received the reply – The details of the gifts cannot be given. Khalid also turned stubborn. He filed a petition in the Islamabad High Court.
Islamabad High Court had asked Imran – why don’t you give information about gifts? On this, Khan’s lawyer replied – this is a threat to the safety of the country. Relations with other countries can get spoiled. That’s why we cannot inform the people about the gifts received from other countries.
how was the theft caught
- According to Pakistani journalists Arif Ajakia and Imdad Ali Shumro – Imran was gifted a precious wrist watch made of gold and studded with diamonds by Saudi Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS). He had made two limited edition watches. Kept one with myself. The second was gifted to Imran. Its cost was around 16 crores.
- Imran came home and gave this wrist watch to Pinky Pirni (third wife Bushra Bibi) to keep. Bushra gave this watch to a minister of that time Zulfi Bukhari and asked him to know the price. The minister told that it is very expensive.
- Bushra asks to sell it. Seeing the branded watch, the owner of the showroom called its manufacturing company and from here Imran’s wrist opened. The makers directly contacted the MBS office and told that out of the 2 watches you had made, one has come for sale. Have you sent this or was it stolen?
- A few months ago the audio of Imran’s wife Bushra and friend Zulfi Bukhari was leaked. It became clear that it was on the advice of Imran that Bushra had approached Zulfi Bukhari and asked him to sell the watches. Zulfi has been a minister in Imran’s government and is considered his big secret.
the evidence went on
- When Imran was accused of selling gifts from the government treasury (Toshakhana), his party presented fake evidence in defence. Said- All the gifts were bought from Toshakhana as per the rules. A watch was sold in a showroom in Islamabad. Its bills are also present.
- Khan’s party Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) showed the bill to the media. It was actually a handwritten paper. The interesting thing is that the owner of the shop where this bill was, released the video and made it clear that it was a fake bill. The showroom owner named Ashfaq had said – We give proper bills. The bill being shown is fake. Neither that handwriting is mine nor the signature. I am filing a case on PTI.
- Khan got stuck in another place. In fact, he claimed that the watch was sold in Islamabad. But, a rich businessman from Dubai exposed his lies by releasing the video. This businessman of Pakistani origin said- Farah Gogi, friend of Imran’s wife Bushra, sold me Saudi Crown Prince’s watch and a gift set for 2 lakh dollars. I paid for it in cash. I have proof of this.
- Some media reports claimed that the Saudi government has bought back the watch and gift items from the businessman.
The photo is of 17 February 2019. Then Saudi Arabia’s Prince Mohammed bin Salman i.e. MBS came on Pakistan tour. Imran himself not only came to receive the Prince, but also drove the car himself.
what is the rule of toshakhana
According to Pakistani journalist Aaliya Shah – The National Archive has to give information about the gifts received by the Prime Minister, President or those holding other positions in Pakistan. These have to be deposited in the Toshakhana. If the gift is worth 10,000 Pakistani rupees, then the concerned person can keep it without paying any money.
If the estimated value of the gift is more than Rs 10,000, then the gift can be kept with you by paying 20% of the cost. If there is a gift of more than 4 lakhs, then only Wazir-e-Azam (Prime Minister) or Sadar-e-Riyasat (President) can buy it. If no one buys then there is an auction. Imran played here too. The gift of 2 crores was told somewhere 5 lakhs and somewhere 7 lakhs. Bought them at this price and then sold them at many times more than the original price. This work was done by Farah Khan alias Farah Gogi, a friend of Zulfi Bukhari and Bushra Bibi.
Another special thing is that Farah Gogi escaped from Pakistan in a private jet and reached Dubai on the same day (10 April 2022), the day Imran Khan’s government fell.